Friday, March 25, 2011

Meet Gritty Kitty



My favorite yarn of the day is Vanna's Choice, Linen.  Such a cool color!  When I saw it, I just knew I had to make it into something special.  And thus, Gritty Kitty was born.  
I'd been wanting to try out a new technique - using mesh to make flat pieces for amigurumi.  This was the purr-fect project!  Mesh was used here, sewn on to the bottom of the head and the body.  The plastic mesh (I used Darice Clear Ultra Stiff 7) is sewn onto the inside of the crocheted piece, preventing it from bowing out when stuffed.  The outcome, I think, is very nice.  This is definitely a technique I'm going to keep in the mental file cabinet!
My daughter took one look at Gritty Kitty and fell in love, so I guess this feline's found a loving new home!








1 comment: